Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Sunrises and things
Every day early in the morning I take the train in to class...early enough to see the sun rise on my way in...today the colors were so majestic. There was a soothing glow along with the mixture of colors. There was the colors I think of when I think of a sun rise, orange, pink, blue, and cream-ish, but then there was also purple and green...not colors I think of when I think of a sunrise. The colors were reflecting off the buildings as we traveled on in towards the city enhancing the beauty. It was almost as if the colors were saying something...they were seeking to be recognized. People go about their everyday lives so unaware and oblivious of their surroundings....they're to wrapped up in things to take the time to notice the simple beautiful pleasures in life...even I wished that I paid more attention, although I think it's a choice. I mean some people are so in tune with everything around them, even the seemingly insignificant things. As we continue on I'm not only watching the sun and the colors changing shades, but the people around me, mostly the business men going into work. The majority with a news paper or a magazine, others sleeping or in a daze, and some on their computers. It seems no ones noticing what is the most intriguing thing to me at the moment. It's odd how something that occurs in every day life can all of a sudden catch our eye and get us caught up in it...I would think after seeing it so often one would be numb to it...which I think does occur all to often. So many things are just taken for granted, but once it's gone you realize what it meant to you and want it back so you can change the way you reacted towards it. Just think of the void that you would have if something you take for granted were gone... I think everyone should try to take time out of their day and think of what goes unnoticed or appreciated in their lives and consider the real impact that those things or people have in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heidi,
It would be great (and really helpful to you) to see this kind of journal writing 2-3 times a week, not once a month.
Remember: Unless an act is the outcome of an inner necessity it is not creative. If it is not creative it cannot educate. In the degree that we express ourselves creatively, in that degree we live. In the degree that an individual does not reveal oneself in one's daily life, in that measure one exists as a material thing and in no way fulfills one's destiny as a self-conscious being, self-determining, self-directing and self-revealing.
Post a Comment