Thursday, February 15, 2007

pleasing others...and a sidetracked thought

OK...i wrote this on the train on my way to school this morning, so I'm just gonna write it as i wrote it earlier...its just thoughts

What do you do when you try to please the unpleasable? Who really is pleasable anyways? Nobody I've ever come into contact with. You can do things and they'd approve, but it doesn't necessarily meant that their pleased....does that make sense? I don't know, I'm just thinking. Its actually kind of...oh I don't know I can't think of the word....useless....sensless, something of that nature, although neither was the word I was thinking of....but it'll work. I mean whats the point in striving to please others? Do they really matter all that much? Shouldn't one do something because they want to? It's like it has more meaning that way....there just isn't any sense in accomplishing something for another....then you don't have the satisfaction, because you did it for someone else. Even in knowing this you still aim or strive to please others....that's like setting yourself up for disaster, isn't it? It's like trying and hoping for a different outcome knowing your set up for failure. I know that's not a good mentality to have, but if you know inside you that it's true then i guess your just stupid, well not stupid necessarily, but I don't know what word to put here, so yeah, stupid, for lack of a better word.
Its like your best isn't good enough, and never will be... I don't think that's and easy thing to accept. Why is it that humans seek to please others anyhow? Is it for the praise...or having someone behind you? I think it just feels better once you accomplish something when not only you are pleased but others as well. Its not that they don't care, or are insensitive...it just seems that their wrapped up in their own life...I mean is it fair that a little girl sits up past her bed time crying with no parent there, only some siblings that can not console her. They'll never know the damage their doing....mostly because they are not there to see....That may seem random and off topic, but its not. Even a young child seeks to please in hopes her parents will praise her. Feelings of abandonment, her mother in another state, hardly seeing her, her father hardly home....a lonely life she must lead...so young and home alone so often....I mean nobody has the perfect life, but this seems hardly close to fair...and its not neglect its just the people she cares most about are absorbed in other tasks or other people....but a child's world is almost made of porcelain...fragile, delicate and so easy to shatter....( OK so yeah that was a little of topic but again just thoughts)

so that was it...as i wrote it on the train...

No comments: