One thing that I like to do is collect fortunes from the fortune cookies. I have selected one of my saved fortunes to put into my folder. The specific fortune that I picked means a lot to me.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
I agree completely with this statement. My take on this is that if nobody ever experienced any bad then the good things wouldn't feel so good. Those good things and feelings wouldn't be appreciated as much, if at all, simply due to the fact that you wouldn't have anything to compare it to. Things that are important you just wouldn't realize it. Therefore I am thankful for the trails that we all go through to get to the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heidi,I am obsessed with your journal. I completely agree with what you are writing. I feel like if you never experience anything bad, you wont appreciate the good things as much. Another thing if we never experienced anything bad, we wouldnt learn and sometimes it makes us stronger. Your journal entry relaly makes the reader relate to what you are saying! Love it!
I found your fortune enlightening, as cliche as it sounds. It reminds me of all the times I bring up comparisons with my father. When he asks for a big knife in the kitchen to cut something, I give him a small knife where he responds with a blank stare. I tell him well this is a big knife to me compared to another. It is like having good and bad things happen. If you did not have bad times, all the good would not be anything important. We remember the bad times which teach us a lesson and further our journey to a better more productive life.
Post a Comment